Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Babies Galore

Salvador and Miosotis were married (in real life they are not) and had two adorable kids. They decided to try for one more. Instead they got 8 more. Holy babies! While I was happy for him I was also worried at how they were going to afford all these kids. I told Miosotis that she would have to stay home and take care of them and she got pissed that I told her she would have to quit her job. Sal made more money -- it just seemed obvious.

In any case, I decided to create a family sculpture of Sal, Mio, and their brood of children. Using red clay I created a modernist sculpture that really wasn't any good. But it was my tribute to them and it seemed ok enough. Had I been a better friend I would have purchased them a truckload of diapers.

No comments: