Friday, October 17, 2008

The Wrong Guy

I was waiting for my new online boyfriend to show up at my apartment for a weekend of camping and fun. We had been talking on the phone all week and I could tell that he was just a doll. But the guy who showed up at my door wasn't who I was expecting...

Gareth from the BBC's The Office!? What? How could this be? How had I invited him by mistake?

I went back through my phone records and realized I had gotten people mixed up. Instead of inviting the hot nice guy I invited Gareth! In a panic I called who I thought was the hot, nice guy to see what he was doing that weekend. Instead I got ahold of Putty from Seinfeld and he wasn't free that weekend -- he had plans with someone else and the best I could get was brunch with him on Sunday.

Confused as to what happened to hot, nice guy I tried kicking Gareth out of my apartment. He was surly, apparently drunk, and making a mess of stuff. There was no way I was going to ditch him without hurting his feelings and I was really stressed out about it.

Luckily my cell phone woke me up.
It was the hot, nice guy.

No comments: